Does the aroma of sweet bread coming out of the oven make your mouth water? Mine too. Try this simple Apple Cinnamon Bread recipe. Serve it with breakfast, lunch or dinner. There is an optional powdered sugar glaze that makes it work well as dessert. Or you can serve it with a little whipped topping or ice cream. It won’t last long so you may want to make two loaves.
Nutrition Info: (per slice) 240 calories, 7.3 grams total fat, 1.3 g saturated fat, 326 mg sodium, 251 mg potassium, 41.4 g total carbohydrates, 2.7 grams fiber, 18.8 grams sugar, 4.2 grams protein.
Provides 12% calcium, 4% vitamin C and 9% iron based on DRI for 2000 calorie diet.
Allergen Info: Contains wheat, milk and tree nuts
Tips: A milk substitute and non-dairy yogurt such as from coconut milk could be used to make this recipe vegan. You can omit the nuts if desired. I used vanilla-flavored soy milk and vanilla extract with powdered sugar to make glaze and it had a nice flavor. Feel free to experiment on your own.
If you like the recipe, feel free to comment below and share with others.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 50m
- Serves: 8
- Yield: 8 one inch slices
- Category: Bread
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c quick cook oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt, kosher or sea salt
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c applesauce
- 1/2 c low fat milk
- 4 oz yogurt, plain or vanilla
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 medium apple
- 1/4 c pecans, chopped
- 3/4 c confectioners sugar
- 1 1/4 tbsp. milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla or lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease one loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Add applesauce, milk, yogurt and olive oil to flour mixture and blend together. Add chopped apples and nuts.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and serve warm.
- Mix glaze ingredients together and drizzle over bread before serving if desired.