If you had to choose your favorite dessert, what would it be? Mine would probably be cheesecake. There are many versions of this all-time favorite but this recipe from Knox Gelatine® (found on the back of the box) has topped my list. I actually used a different gelatin but either work just as well. It can be made in just a few minutes and mixes easily in a blender to a creamy mixture. The hard part is waiting 4 hours for it to set. Use different toppings, garnishes or even crusts and the possibilities are endless. You can also make this with no crust. I like to top it with fresh berries or a fruit glaze. Caramel or chocolate syrup also look pretty. It can be poured into a pie plate for the classic cheesecake look or in a pan and cut into squares. It is high in saturated fat so I recommend using smaller portions. For this, the squares work nicely and you can get 16 small squares from an 8 or 9 inch square pan. The nutrition information is based on 1/8 of a pie so use half of the amounts listed if you are doing squares instead (assuming you only eat one square). 🙂
Nutrition Info: 283 calories, 18.7 grams total fat, 11.3 grams saturated fat, 323 mg sodium, 82 mg potassium, 22.4 grams total carbohydrates, 17.7 grams sugar, 7.2 grams protein.
Allergen Info: Milk product
Disclosure: Ourdailychews.com participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for sites to earn a small commission by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com. Participating in this program helps us cover some of the cost associated with maintaining a website. When you purchase a product from Amazon after clicking the link on this site, you pay the same amazing Amazon price and a portion of the cost will be credited to this site. Our intention is to avoid excessive ads on our site while providing quality information and a convenient way for you to find the items mentioned in our posts. Thanks for your support.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Total Time: 4h 20m
- Serves: 8 people
- Yield: 8 slices pie
- Category: Dessert
- 1 tbsp. gelatin, unflavored
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 c boiling water
- 16 oz Neufchatel cheese (1/3 less fat cream cheese)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 6 Graham crackers
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- Mix sugar and gelatin together. Add boiling water and stir until sugar dissolves or about 5 minutes. In a blender, add cream cheese, vanilla and gelatin mixture. Blend for 1 minute or until creamy and smooth. Pour in bowl and chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- To make crust, crush 6 graham crackers into fine crumbs. Add melted butter and mix together. Spread crumbs into bottom of pie plate or pan.
- Once cream cheese mixture has thickened, pour into pie plate or pan. Refrigerate for another 3-4 hours. Add your favorite topping before serving.